Keep your smile in tip-top shape this summer by eating right. Although many foods are just another obstacle that stands in the way of optimum oral health, did you know that there are some foods that have been proven to actually improve your oral health? Listed below are some helpful foods and tips for your oral health with the brilliant benefits they can offer to your smile:
– Calcium and phosphorus are known minerals that can improve your oral health. Foods high in these minerals include milk, cheese, nuts, and various meats, such as chicken.
– If you want to keep your smile shining, circumvent acidic foods such as tomatoes and citrus fruits.
– Foods with high water content, such as apples or pears, can wash away harmful acids and increase saliva production.
– Avoid oral health care letdowns by limited snacking between meals.
– Chewing sugarless gum after eating has been proven to release additional saliva that can help neutralize harmful acids and help prevent cavities.
No matter the cosmetic enhancement you desire, Dr. Rebecca Barfield and our team at Jolly Family Dentistry is here to give you the smile you want. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Little Rock, Arkansas, please contact us at 501.228.6360 to speak with a member of our team. We look forward to improving your smile!